Add to Mixx!

Keeping Your Feet Healthy As a Diabetic




If you have diabetes or are at risk, it is a good idea to understand the importance of proper foot care. Diabetes has effects on the entire body, but some parts suffer worse than others. The place that commonly gets hit hard is the feet and legs. Without proper care and maintenance, the feet can deteriorate and result in serious and alarming health issues. However, there is no need to be scared, because there are ways to prevent serious injury.
First, it would be good to point out that Diabetes can affect the feet in different ways, depending in the individual. Some people experience damaging of the nerves, otherwise known as marginal neuropathy. A side effect of nerve damage is numbness of the feet, which makes detecting damage difficult.




Diabetes also can reduce blood circulation in the feet. Lower blood circulation causes blood to pool in the legs. Proper nutrients and oxygen flow are restricted, and can make healing time from injuries take longer. Poor circulation results in other health conditions that can progress with time into more serious ones. Foot infections are certainly not unheard of in diabetes patients, because the bodies infection resistance is greatly reduced. Ailments like foot ulcers can be a scary prospect, but rest assured that many patients have been through these issues before and have found ways to cope and heal.
Now that you have a little more background on the conditions caused by Diabetes, I will discuss some activities to implement in your daily regimen to prevent or lessen the effects. The number one rule is to maintain good hygiene. Daily washing of the feet are highly recommended, and are highly effective when done with antibacterial soap. Give your feet a good drying with a towel and make sure you get in between the toes. As discussed earlier, Diabetic patients are more prone to infection. Washing and drying the feet keeps fungal infections from starting which in turn keeps you safe. To get extra dry, try using sprinkling some talcum powder over your freshly dried feet for a dry and smooth feeling.
Spend at least a few minutes a day for a close inspection of the feet. Look for any blistering, cuts, bruising or damage in general. If you find any, it is advised that you see your doctor about it. Damages could easily turn into infection if not cared for soon.




To further prevent damage, pay special attention to the shoes you wear. When buying shoes, make sure the fit is comfortable and that there are no bumps or snags that could rub against your feet during the day. Another garment all diabetics should consider is medical compression socks. This is an easy way to improve circulation. Compression socks can be worn throughout the day and help massage the calves to get blood flowing.
As a final note, make sure to keep your toenails well trimmed and clean them underneath. Use care to prevent hangnails and other damages.

2 comments:

LISA CRESPO ZATAX said...

REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

SUSAN TAILOR said...

GOD BLESS DR KELECHUKWU HERBAL HOME FOR THE WONDERFUL WORK HE HAS DONE IN MY LIFE,INDEED YOU ARE GOD SENT.I have been suffering from Herpes virus for 6 years and i was told by my doctor that it has no cure.After years of believing that herpes has no cure i finally came across some comments on the Internet,about how Dr.kelechukwu has cured lots of people with his herbal medication, i gave him a trial at first but when I got the herbal medication, i used it as prescribed.after 3weeks i went to my doctor for check up,to my greatest surprise i tasted nagative.this is how i was cured permanently from herpes virus.God bless Dr kelechukwu herbal home for bringing back happiness in my life again.you the true Dr..feel free to reach him via his mail at drkelechukwu2@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2348077365216He also cureHIVCANCERHPVHERPES 1&2
HEPATITIS e.t.c

Add to Mixx!

Copyright © 2008 - Diabetes - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template