Add to Mixx!

Moving Ahead As a Type 2 Diabetic



If you really think about it, why does your life style change for the worse because you are diabetic? I tell you the truth, mine suddenly got better. I remember how it was being too tired to join in on the fun at family reunions. I can now join in on the games, even the potato sack race. So how do you improve your life-style as a diabetic? Get up from your chair and get motivated, that's how.
Take charge of your treatment. Follow your doctors diet and leave the table just a little bit hungry. You will be surprised at what this alone will do for your energy level.
Next walk, walk, and walk some more. Enough said about that! Do some strengh training three times a week. This is very important for burning calories. You don't want to lose all your muscles that you spent a life time building, do you? Now a very important part of my exercise program is what I call my 30 - 4 - 5 - program. I run in place as fast as I can for 30 seconds. I then rest on my chair for 4 minutes. I repeat this 5 times. I do this exercise 3 times a week and it has done wonders for my energy level.




Equally important is the state of your mind. You can mope around and cuss your luck or you can plan on bringing joy to everyone you see today. I have found that doing something for someone else actually does more for my well being than probably for theirs.
Now I must tell you about Tai-Chi. It's a great way to connect your mind and muscles into one co-ordinated machine. You will have to try it to know what I'm talking about.




Now it's time to relax the mind and here is the method I use.
1. Sit in a comfortable chair.
2. Gently exhale most of the air in your lungs.
3. Inhale gently through your nose while slowly counting to four.
4. Pause for one second then slowly exhale through your mouth counting to four.
5. Repeat this until you feel a deep sense of relaxation.
Take care, I hope this helps.
To read more go here:
http://3waydiabetescontrol.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Add to Mixx!

Copyright © 2008 - Diabetes - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template