Add to Mixx!

How to Choose a Doctor If You Are Diabetic




Perhaps the first step would be to decide if you are satisfied with your current doctor. You may want to ask your doctor the same questions you would ask when interviewing a new doctor and then decide.
The second step would be to make a list of doctors that your friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. would recommend. Are some of the doctors being recommended by more than one person? You may want to put them on the first of the list.
The third step would be to check availability. Is the prospective doctor accepting new patients? This is a question that is more important any other questions. It makes no sense to select a doctor if they will not/cannot accept you as a patient.




A simple phone call to the appointment desk of the doctor will answer this question.
The fourth step is to find out if the doctor is accepted on your health care plan. This is another question you can ask the appointment desk or check with your insurance carrier.
If the doctor is not on your plan, how much would it cost to see them? You may want to pay the extra money if they are the best doctor. This is another question for your insurance carrier.
Here are some questions that you can ask your doctor's support staff.
1. What hospitals does the doctor use?
2. What are the normal office hours? (Do these hours fit my schedule?)
3. If English is not my first language, is there someone in the office that can interpret?
4. Who covers for the doctor when they are not available?
5. How long do I have to wait to get a routine appointment?
6. How long do I have to wait in the waiting room before seeing the doctor?
If the answers to these questions are acceptable - make an appointment.
After The Appointment




Ask yourself these questions following the appointment:
1. Did I get a chance to ask questions?
2. Did the doctor answer my questions?
3. Did the doctor explain their answers so that I could understand them?
4. Did the doctor ask me questions?
5. Do I feel comfortable asking questions?
6. Do I feel that the doctor spent enough time with me?
7. Did I feel rushed to get my problems out?
8. Did I get my problem fully addressed?
9. Did the doctor offer me more than one treatment option?
10. Do I feel that the doctor respects me?
Consider the answer to these questions. Selecting a doctor is very important, especially if you are diabetic. Having a doctor who can take the time to address your concerns is truly an asset to your health care team.
Ultimately you are the coach in your health care team and the doctor is one of the players.

1 comments:

SUSAN TAILOR said...

GOD BLESS DR KELECHUKWU HERBAL HOME FOR THE WONDERFUL WORK HE HAS DONE IN MY LIFE,INDEED YOU ARE GOD SENT.I have been suffering from Herpes virus for 6 years and i was told by my doctor that it has no cure.After years of believing that herpes has no cure i finally came across some comments on the Internet,about how Dr.kelechukwu has cured lots of people with his herbal medication, i gave him a trial at first but when I got the herbal medication, i used it as prescribed.after 3weeks i went to my doctor for check up,to my greatest surprise i tasted nagative.this is how i was cured permanently from herpes virus.God bless Dr kelechukwu herbal home for bringing back happiness in my life again.you the true Dr..feel free to reach him via his mail at drkelechukwu2@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2348077365216 He also cure

HIV

CANCER

DIABETES

HPV

HERPES 1&2

HEPATITIS e.t.c

Add to Mixx!

Copyright © 2008 - Diabetes - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template